In Building Laundry, Laundry/Linen Service Included
Dogs & Cats
$800 Fee/Pet Deposit
Auburn’s story is based on faith, hard work and prayers. A story filled with service, care and compassion. The initial idea for a place to care for the elderly came in 1911 from a Minnesota couple. The first money paid into the treasury was a gift of $100 from an unmarried Moravian woman in Wisconsin. In 1921 the late John H. Holtmeier offered to donate to the good cause one-half of his 139 acre farm, on the shore of Lake Auburn. This is the location we know today as Auburn’s starting point.
Auburn Homes & Services began operations in Victoria, Minnesota, in 1928. The primary purpose of the community was to provide housing and care services to retired ministers, missionaries and their spouses.
In 1982, the need for affordable senior housing was identified and Talheim, a HUD financed and subsidized building for seniors was built, becoming the first building on the Auburn Homes & Services campus in Chaska. Today 60 residents call Talheim home living independently in their apartments and sharing community spaces within the building.
In 1988, a 61-bed skilled nursing home was built adjacent to Talheim, replacing the existing building in Victoria, and named Auburn Manor. With the two buildings connected, Auburn Manor was able to provide meals for “Meals on Wheels” and an on-site Congregate Dining program for seniors in the community. Auburn Manor was certified and licensed as a Medicare/Medicaid Skilled Care facility in 1993.
Established in 1993, the Moravian Care Foundation was developed to support the Moravian Care Ministries organization. Dedicated fund raising activities began in 1996 to develop an assisted living program and to add other amenities to the developing campus.
In 1997, the board of directors decided assisted living would add a missing piece to the Chaska campus. Auburn Courts, a 55 unit assisted living community, was built and opened in downtown Chaska.
In 1998, Moravian Care Ministries expanded its services to include Waconia and the surrounding communities by purchasing Nightingale Nursing Home, formally known as Nagel Hospital, a 37-bed nursing home located in downtown Waconia. It was renamed Auburn West. In 2006, Auburn Courts in Chaska added the Courtyard providing memory care programing in an assisted living setting.
In 2007, ground was broken in Waconia for Auburn Home replacing Auburn West. Residents and staff moved into the new building in June of 2008. Auburn Home provides skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services with one wing dedicated to short-term rehabilitation and two wings dedicated to skilled nursing care.
Auburn Meadows Assisted Living and Memory Care in Waconia opened its door to the community in December of 2012. The added senior care services and living options at Auburn Meadows shaped the Waconia campus.
Auburn Homes & Services has been serving seniors in the surrounding communities for 90 years. In the spirit of Christ’s love, Auburn Homes & Services enriches the lives of those we serve through (w)holistic care and ministry strengthened by community relationships.
Our events including the Unity in the Community event in Chaska and Hot Dog It’s Summer Picnic in Waconia will all have the 90thanniverserary theme. Cheers to 90 Years will be this year’s theme for our annual Festival of Trees Gala event in November.
Community: Auburn Homes & Services