Tips for Home Sellers
High Tech-Savvy Tips for Home Sellers
Today’s real estate market has become more mobile and technology dependent with relocation on the rise. So, for those who have been in their homes for many years, the thought of moving and selling can be daunting and overwhelming.
Selling a home today is VERY different than it was thirty, or even twenty, years ago. The newspaper listings that once drove home sales have been replaced by high tech tools like virtual tours, social media, blog articles and more. Working with real estate brokers and agents who are current in technology has become essential for your home to compete in this fast-paced marketplace—and bring in a top-dollar sale!
So where do you begin? The following factors can help you decide which real estate agent you should choose to make your sale a success:
- Find out how much experience your prospective agent has. How long have they been in the business? Have they sold your type of property before? Do they know your neighborhood? Do they have a track record of success?
- Your agent should use available tech-resources to promote ALL of their listings—not just the high-priced ones. Ask prospective agents about their marketing plan and the methods they use to expose potential buyers to your property.
- Find an agent who understands how technology is effectively used to sell properties. Make sure they are utilizing the most popular national real estate websites, such as Zillow, http://zillow, Trulia, http://www.trulia.com, Realtor.com, etc., to promote your property for national and even international exposure. Not all brokers provide these services or utilize all web sites.
Low Tech Ideas Can Still Help Sell Homes
Remember, though, working with the right agent is only part of a successful transaction.
YOU can do a lot to prepare your home for swift and successful sale, before it goes on the market.
- Do all you can to make your home look fresh and updated.
- If you can, replace worn and outdated kitchen appliances.
- Cut the clutter! Box up and store, sell, donate or toss as much as possible. Homes show much better when they look like a model—not “lived in” and clutter filled.
- Go through the house and fix things that you’ve learned to live with, that could put off a prospective buyer. Ask your realtor to recommend repairs that can make a difference, and direct you to a reputable handyman.
- Develop a plan! Where will you go on moving day? Your agent can help you find the right home based on your wants, needs, desires and income.
Successful moves are made with a plan/timeline in place and with the assistance of a savvy professional. Call today to get your plan rolling!
Wendy Carson, GRI, SRES, CDPE, E-Pro, CRS, MBC, ABR, SFR, is a real estate agent with ReMax Results, licensed since 1998, She is a top selling agent in MN and WI, who has been voted Super Real Estate Agent by Mpls/St. Paul Magazine since 2007. Her experience includes working with seniors, relocations, move-ups and short sales. Wendy can be reached at 651-341-6020 or email@example.com.