Care Managers are health care professionals with a specialized body of knowledge and experience related to the care of the older adult. The Care Manager is an experienced guide and resource for families of older adults. They help develop personalized and compassionate recommendations based upon an extensive evaluation of the individual’s physical, psychological, social and environmental needs.
- Evaluates the needs of the individual,Guides planning,
- Identifies service and housing options,
- Sorts information and answers questions,
- Advocates for the older adult and family,
- Prevents unnecessary expenditures,
- Assures continuity of care among services and professionals, and
- Identifies gaps and duplications in services.
Information found using the National Association of Professional Geriatric Case Managers, Inc. http://www.caremanager.org